Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Hi everyone! Here is my intro


My Voki!

l   If you were to write a book about yourself, what would you name it?

If one day I would have this chance, I would write a book named “Mandarin is not as difficult as you thought” to share my culture and teach Mandarin.


l   Tell us one of your favorite joke.

A kid got angry about “Iron man”. He complained, “He shouldn’t cheat on Miss Pepper,” he went on, “he had married Iron lady already!”


l   Tell us what subject you teach, years of teaching, and how far you are in the Teacher Education or MSIT program.

I was a preschool teacher in Taiwan for four years back ten years ago. During the leisure time, I taught Mandarin on and off since 2013.
So far, it’s my third school year in NYIT, I realized the teaching approaches are quite different in the western country and eastern country. I expect myself could apply the American-style instruction to Mandarin teaching.


l   How much do you know about teaching language arts?

I elected the course of language art and technology, I would like to say the English-speaking system is way different from Mandarin’s. Comparing the similarity and difference makes me understand more about my diver students.


l   How much do you know about "new literacies?"

Through the courses infused technology, I have learned a lot about the new literacy and being getting confidence on integrating ICTs into the curriculum!


l   What are your concerns about taking this course?


I am going to have a national exam of Mandarin teaching, hopefully, I could manage my schedule well.

No comments:

Post a Comment