I researched two articles related to the
teacher and one related to the parents.
"Teaching
Students with Disabilities" can provide some general and
useful strategies for teaching children with disabilities. As mentioned in the
article, there are a variety of disabilities, teachers could put a statement in their syllabus inviting
students and parents to meet with the teachers privately is a good step in
starting a conversation with those students who need accommodations and feel
comfortable approaching the teachers about their needs. One part I learn the
most is to keep these questions in mind when I design the course. (from
Scott, 1998):
- What
is the purpose of the course?
- What
methods of instruction are absolutely necessary? Why?
- What
outcomes are absolutely required of all students? Why?
- What
methods of assessing student outcomes are absolutely necessary? Why?
- What
are acceptable levels of performance on these student outcome measures
Nowadays, more and more students have the attention problem, so I
selected "Teaching
Students with ADHD". This article gives specific tips which
can help the teachers to arrange a more friendly environment for students with
ADHD, such as seating, information delivery, and students work. Every
suggestion in "Teaching techniques for students with ADHD"
section provides the teachers with more organizable process accommodating to
the students.
When I was a preschool teacher, I knew it's crucial if the
teacher could cooperate with parents, so I selected the last article in
parents' view "Helping
Children with Learning Disabilities". I believe it's
very helpful if the teacher can identify the parents' difficulties and provide
some useful resources and mental support. I especially like the tip 5
about " Take care of yourself too". In my experience, students learn
better when they are in the healthy and relaxing environment no matter in or
off classroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment